As another year comes to a close, we recommend finding time to reflect on 2021…
As I mentioned yesterday, the situation in the Senate was very fluid. About an hour after I sent my email, the Senate reversed course and approved the bill from the House for the PPP forgiveness relief.
Also, below are a couple of articles that explain the new options with the latest legislation. This has been sent to the President for his signature, which is supposed to happen this evening or tomorrow.
We have plans to study up on all the new changes, and we will be available next week for questions if you would like to review your PPP status.
- Businesses That Mandate Masks for Employees and Customers Need to Consider ADA Issues – Since the mayor of New Orleans and many other government entities have mandated that employees wear masks, this article goes into the ADA requirements for employees’ rights with disabilities.
- HR 7010 – this is the actual law that was passed in the House and the Senate.
- LABI recap of Louisiana legislative session – Great write up from LABI about what was passed in the session that just ended.
- Senate Passes Changes to PPP loan program – The Washington post summarizes the new changes to the PPP program.
- Ford Harrison Review of PPP Flexibility Bill – This is a recap of the new legislation as seen through the eyes of the Ford Harrison law firm.
We had a great webinar today to go over all the new features and functionality in our HRIS system. Our plan is to provide these webinars weekly to review the technology changes our clients have access to. We will also use this time to answer questions on any HR functions or issues. They will be on Thursdays at 3 PM CST every week.