As another year comes to a close, we recommend finding time to reflect on 2021…
COVID-19 Update June 30, 2020
Can you believe we are through half the year already? Or does it feel as though we are on the 26th month of 2020?
I don’t have to remind anyone that temperatures are rising for the summer, so be sure to review the enclosed flyer we created to help avoid heat stress.
A local COVID-19 spike in cases prompted some recent changes to the plans and regulations for reopening in Louisiana. Jefferson Parish is requiring masks be worn in all public spaces effective July 1, 2020. Other states are implementing travel restrictions – New York will be fining individuals who do not comply with the new protocols, and those who travel to high-risk states may be forced to give up paid sick leave benefits. Businesses already under threat from the governor can also be shut down for non-compliance.
- Delta Weekly Safety Moment – Tips from our safety team on combatting risk of heat stress.
- Jefferson Parish to Require Face Masks Beginning Wednesday – The new rule comes as the number of COVID-19 cases in the parish has been climbing steadily. Jefferson had the most cases in the state as of Monday, nola.com reported.
- Local Spikes in Covid-19 Cases Lead to More Travel Restrictions – Although new coronavirus cases are on the decline in some states, other states have seen an uptick in cases as they begin to reopen.
- DOL Opinion Letter Clarifies Administrative Exemption – The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) issued five opinion letters on June 25, including one providing analysis of the administrative exemption. The others addressed various Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) exemptions and requirements affecting salespeople.
- Checklists for avoiding LGBTQ Discrimination in Your Benefits Programs – Make sure you remain compliant with the new Supreme Court decision.