As another year comes to a close, we recommend finding time to reflect on 2021…
COVID-19 Update April 20, 2020
If you have not yet contacted your representatives in Congress, please email them or send a letter as requested in our email Friday to push them to make more funds available to the SBA PPP loan program!
If you have already sent in your request, thank you!
A White House task force has put out recommendations for how to restart the economy in 3 phases. This afternoon the governors of both Tennessee and Georgia announced they are looking at starting phase 1 of the opening up from the current shut down. That’s great news for these states if they can find a way to be safe, including the proper protection and training for all employees.
Lots of great information to share today. Here are the attachments:
1. Coronavirus Loan Comparisons – this is a graphic from our friends at GNO, Inc. about what loans are available
2. Scope of CARES Act Unemployment Benefits– this is the first of 3 articles released by SHRM that attempts to simplify the complicated new rules regarding unemployment benefits.
3. Post-Pandemic Back-To-Business FAQs for Employers – This is a well done, detailed brief on how to deal with COVID-19 pandemic as you return to work. It’s 66 pages, but is well written.
4. NCCI Proposing New Experience Rating Rules – This is a follow up to the information shared last week about workers compensation. New rules coming for stay-at-home workers, along with a new work comp code for people out on leave.
5. New CDC Guidance on Working After Coronavirus Exposure – An article from SHRM outlining the latest CDC guidelines for working after exposure to COVID-19.
6. What to do when Scared Workers Don’t Report – Another SHRM article that we felt would be helpful. It provides guidance on the big question we seem to be getting daily here in our office about re-opening.
If you know of anyone that you think would benefit from this information, please share it with them.
Please reach out if you have any questions.