Using a paper-based system to manage Human Resource functions can cripple the efficiency of your business. Not only is managing by paper inefficient, but it is also prone to human error, paper cuts, and will inevitably cost you both time and money.
By using cutting edge HR technology to manage your employees’ paychecks, benefits, PTO, training and more, you can better manage your talent, increase your productivity and efficiency, and cut costs.
But what exactly is HR technology, and why should you trust a computer to handle your human resources? We’re here to answer those questions for you.
1. What is HR technology?
HR technology is essentially, the software that works with your team to streamline your HR functions and processes. Rather than eliminating HR functions or personnel, this software automates your current processes and frees up time for your team to focus on more strategic areas of the business.
2. Why should I trust technology to handle human resources?
Technology doesn’t have to be scary. Again, this software is not meant to replace your current HR team. Instead, it’s meant to work with your team. Before you dive into any new technology, you should have a knowledgeable and experienced consultant who can help make sure your HR software will accommodate your business processes, rather than force you to rework your business processes to accommodate the software.
That’s where a company like Delta Administrative Services comes in. Delta will take the time to understand the intricate details of your business to ensure that your software is set up and specifically tailored to meet your unique goals.
Don’t worry. You won’t be left to figure out this new software by yourself. We will walk with you every step of the way, thoroughly training your team on how to use the platform. We also provide real-time, on-call support to help you with any questions that you may have, troubleshoot any unique issues, and offer solutions that ensure you’re always running at peak efficiency.
Our team will make sure your employee information stays up-to-date on the new platform, making it easy to add new team members and keep track of everyone.
3. What all can it handle?
Our HR technology in particular offers an unmatched breadth of functionality. The software will allow you to:
- Check paychecks and tax withholdings
- Manage and review employee health insurance benefits, investment allocations in 401k, and retirement programs
- Add or subtract employees from payroll or benefits programs
- Eliminate scheduling conflicts and manage employee requests for time off, or manage and review time-cards
- Monitor training for certifications
- Look over policies, procedures, and handbooks
- Handle various miscellaneous HR issues
4. How much does it cost?
At Delta Administrative Services, we offer automatic enrollment onto our HR management platform that’s covered by your monthly fee.
5. What are the benefits of using this kind of technology?
Using HR technology benefits the whole team. By eliminating mundane, error-prone tasks, your employees are free to focus on the valuable work that they enjoy and have been trained to do. Below are just a handful of the endless benefits that come with modernizing your HR process:
- You can add or remove features as you need them.
- You will eliminate the need for repetitive, manual processes.
- You can eradicate errors with a one-time data entry–no more need to re-key the same information over and over again.
- You can measure employee engagement, satisfaction, and more as well as receive real-time feedback.
- No more need for file cabinets. You can rest assured knowing that your HR documents are protected, backed up, and easily accessible online.
- You will enhance your hiring process with a resume database, online applicant tracker, and interview scheduling.
- Free up your managers’ time by allowing your employees to get answers to frequently asked questions within our self-service portal. Our professional advisors have packed this portal with online training and answers to all of their questions.
- You will reduce your payroll processing time.
- You can seamlessly integrate attendance and time with payroll.
- You can improve your hiring efforts by managing resumes, ranking candidates, and storing post-interview feedback. You can also track skill or personality assessments, as well as their results.
- You have access to analytics that determine what’s causing your business to grow or fail, such as turnover in specific departments.
- You can access it whenever or wherever you need–whether it’s on your desktop computer, smart phone, or tablet.
- You can hire across state lines without fear of the varying state-to-state taxes and compliance laws. With Delta’s HR technology, you are provided with readily accessible resources and information that will help you stay compliant nationwide.
Keep up with the industry by digitizing your HR process. Technology is nothing to be scared of, and we’re here to walk you through it. Give Delta Administrative Services a call today and let us help you streamline your HR.